Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrated on February 14th each year. It is a day of love and affection, traditionally associated with sending cards, flowers, and gifts to loved ones. The holiday is named after Saint Valentine, a Catholic priest who lived in the 3rd century. The exact origins and association of Saint Valentine with love and affection are not clear, but the holiday has been celebrated for centuries as a day to express love and affection towards those closest to you. Today, Valentine's Day is widely celebrated as a romantic holiday, with people expressing their love and affection.
It's a nice touch to add a romantic flair to your home around this special day, and it can be done in some really simple ways. Here are our five top tips to make your home feel cosy and intimate this Valentines day:
- Warm Lighting: Think candles, fairy lights or warm-toned lamps to create the ultimate cosy and intimate atmosphere.
- Fresh Flowers: It doesn’t have to be red roses; you can add your favourite flowers or even small plants to your space to make it feel romantic.
- Shades of Red & Pink: Incorporate these colours through throw pillows, blankets, curtains, table runners, or rugs.
- Cosy Seating Area: Set up a comfortable area with a love seat or a plush sofa, with plenty of pillows and blankets for snuggling.
- Tableware: Go to town on your table. Add in a runner, some greenery, candlelight, the glassware you don’t use enough.